Local Court > Alternative dispute resolution

Service providers     

There are many ADR providers. They range from government provided and publicly-funded dispute resolution organisations to private professional organisations.

Community mediation 

Service providers include Community Justice Centres (CJC). The centres provide free, community mediation services and can assist with a wide range of dispute types, including neighbourhood issues, family relationships, debts and money and employment issues.

Court-annexed ADR

A number of courts offer court-annexed ADR, which is run by a registrar or other officer of the court at no charge. For details see:

You can access solicitors who conduct ADR through the Law Society of NSW, which has a number of ADR programs.

You can access barristers who conduct ADR through BarADR, an initiative of the Bar Association of NSW.

Access the Register of Nationally Accredited Mediators.

Family dispute resolution

If your dispute is about parenting matters, you may be looking for a family dispute resolution practitioner to conduct family dispute resolution in accordance with the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth).

See the Family Dispute Resolution Register to find a service provider.







The information on this site is a guide only and is not legal advice - see disclaimer.