Local Court > Your legal problem is about... > Family, relationships and children

Family, relationships and children

Families can be affected by a range of legal problems and may have to attend court. Find out more information about:

Need more information?      

Try LawAssist

LawAssist can help you if you have a legal problem in New South Wales and are representing yourself. LawAssist explains legal procedures and forms for court and tribunal cases. LawAssist provides:

  • step by step guides to starting and running your case
  • instructions for filling out court forms
  • checklists and frequently asked questions
  • information on alternatives to court
  • contacts for further information and advice

Need help?

Call LawAccess NSW 1300 888 529

LawAccess NSW is a free government telephone service that provides legal information, referrals and in some cases, advice for people who have a legal problem in New South Wales.








Solve your problem without going to court

Community Justice Centres provide experienced mediators free of charge, to help people in dispute reach agreement.

Need legal advice or information?

Staff at the NSW Local Court cannot give legal advice. Find out where to get legal advice or information.

 The information on this site is a guide only and is not legal advice - see disclaimer.