Local Court > Your legal problem is about...

Fines, penalty notices and infringements


This section will link you to information about court fines and other penalties.

Received a court fine?  

Find information about payment options and court levies

Received a penalty notice or infringement?

Penalty or infringement notices are fines issued for many offences, such as:

  • parking
  • speeding and other driving offences
  • red light and other traffic camera offences
  • not complying with a local council notice.

On this website, you can read more information about going to court for a penalty notice. You can also read about the way penalty notice cases are heard in court in criminal cases in the NSW Local Court.

Need help?

Call LawAccess NSW 1300 888 529

Before starting any court proceedings you should check which court or tribunal is right for your matter. Call LawAccess NSW for help.

LawAccess NSW is a free government telephone service that provides legal information, referrals and in some cases, advice for people who have a legal problem in New South Wales.

Visit www.lawaccess.justice.nsw.gov.au

The Representing yourself section of the LawAccess website can help you if you have a legal problem in New South Wales. Representing yourself explains legal procedures and forms for court and tribunal cases. It provides:

  • step by step guides to starting and running your case
  • instructions for filling out court forms
  • checklists and frequently asked questions
  • information on alternatives to court
  • contacts for further information and advice







Solve your problem without going to court

Community Justice Centres provide experienced mediators free of charge, to help people in dispute reach an agreement.

Need legal advice or information?  

Staff at the NSW Local Court cannot give legal advice. Find out where to get legal advice or information



​​The information on this site is a guide only and is not legal advice - see disclaimer.