Local Court > Sentencing, orders & appeals > Orders and judgments in civil cases

Registering orders made by another court or tribunal

Orders made by another court or tribunal may be registered in the local court for enforcement. This includes orders made by the Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal and orders made in courts in other states and territories.

The amount to be enforced must be within the local court jurisdiction, less than $100,000 to be registered in the local court.

A registered order becomes a judgment of the NSW Local Court and can be enforced using the methods available in New South Wales.

Orders (or certificates of order) are registered by completing Uniform Civil Procedure Rules (UCPR) Form 45: Form Registration/filing of certificate of judgment or order.

There is a fee for the registration and fees may apply to enforcement. Forms for any enforcement sought must also be completed. Enforcement can be sought at the same time as the registration. 

Need help?

Call LawAccess NSW 1300 888 529

Before starting any court proceedings you should check which court or tribunal is right for your matter. Call LawAccess NSW for help.

LawAccess NSW is a free government telephone service that provides legal information, referrals and in some cases, advice for people who have a legal problem in New South Wales.

Visit www.lawaccess.justice.nsw.gov.au

The Representing yourself section of the LawAccess website can help you if you have a legal problem in New South Wales. Representing yourself explains legal procedures and forms for court and tribunal cases. It provides:

  • step by step guides to starting and running your case
  • instructions for filling out court forms
  • checklists and frequently asked questions
  • information on alternatives to court
  • contacts for further information and advice




Need legal advice or information? 

Staff at the NSW Local Court cannot give legal advice. Find out where to get legal advice or information.

Solve your problem without going to court

Community Justice Centres provide experienced mediators free of charge, to help people in dispute reach an agreement.


The information on this site is a guide only and is not legal advice - see disclaimer.